HOW TO BECOME A BIG 33 CHEERLEADER
- Juniors & Seniors who currently cheer for their High School or an All Star Squad in Pennsylvania and Maryland can register to Tryout for the Big 33 All Star Football Classic.
- All cheerleaders trying out will need to provide a letter of endorsement from their current cheerleading coach and a current report card. The endorsement should be a short paragraph about the cheerleader’s work ethic, and attitude that is written by the cheerleader’s high school or All-Star squad cheer coach.
- A maximum of 60 Cheerleaders are then selected to participate in the Big 33 All Star Football Classic in Harrisburg, PA. They will be split between the PA and MD squads.
- Cheerleaders are teamed up with Cheer Buddies (Special needs kids) throughout the week
- Cheerleaders and Cheer Buddies create a half-time performance for the Big 33 All Star Football Classic
- Cheerleaders cheer throughout the game on the sideline
Quote from a Former Big 33 Cheerleader and her experience:
I had an absolutely wonderful time during my Big 33 experience and you can count on further contribution to the cause from my family and I. My week at Lower Dauphin High School, even despite the sunburn and bruises/scratches, was a week I will never forget. I am not usually a person to participate in these types of events, but my coach encouraged me to do it and I am so glad she did. I learned so much, not only from the Pennsylvania and Maryland cheer coaches, but also from my amazing buddy, Molly Hosey. She, as well as all the other buddies, had such upbeat personalities and I can honestly say they did not stop smiling all week. Molly has made such a difference in my life, and she will be a good friend for hopefully a long time (we have tons of fun stuff planned together over the summer).
5,521 total views, 2 views today